Paddle for my big bro
Monday, July 23, 2012
http://www.marleylilly.com/. if you want anything monogram check out the site! All of the products are well-made, I've never had a order messed up (and I've made some pretty difficult orders), and costumer service is extremely friendly anf helpful!
Thursday, July 19, 2012
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
Mod podge on small plastic tub. I recommend making your own mod podge by mixing 2/3 water and 1/3 glue and letting it sit for a few hours. When you modge podge is ready clean the surface you're going to be working on, just some soap and water will be fine. Step 1: Rip colored tissue paper into pieces. If you're working on a larger surface do yourself a favor and use bigger pieces. Step 2: Lay the tissue paper on the surface your modge podging and using a big, soft brush apply the modge podge continue layering the tissue paper until the surface is completely covered. Try to start in the center of a piece of tissue paper, working your way to the edging to eliminate as many wrinkles as possible. Step 3: Let it dry completely! This is really important! Its hard to mod podge anything on to plastic but it's especially hard if you using tissue paper. When its completely dry repeat steps 2 and 3 two more times. After you let your piece dry the first time you might end you with little tears in some places as the tissue paper shrinks a little by the third layer you shouldn't be seeing anymore tears. Just a little hint the project tends to come out better when you at least try to layer the same shades on top of each other each time. They don't have to match up completely but the colors are richer if, at least in some places, all three layers are the same shade. After everything dries the third time you can start painting! I free-handed the crest and banner. Sorry I'm not much help when it comes to trying to make the artwork perfect! I used puffy paint to make the outline then I filled it in with acyclic paint and glitter! When the paint was dry I went over the black lines again. Finally, I used a few coats of spray sealant to seal everything in place!